A Century of History!
Beautiful Character Home.... Capture a piece of history in this fabulous 2 ½ storey home. It is filled with warmth from the charms of the past tastefully combined with all of todays modern day conveniences. Original features are evident throughout the home including original woodwork and trim, bayed window areas, and a distinctive witchs cap. These qualities all contribute to comfortable, functional living spaces throughout the homes 2300 square feet of living space. The exterior really reflects the true magnificence of this home. It is finished with stucco, asphalt shingles on the roof, two verandahs gently wrapping around the front of the home, and a white picket fence to top it all off. The double lot is a park-like setting impeccably landscaped with meticulous flowerbeds filled with perennials, lots of lawn area, a variety of mature trees, well manicured hedges, a garden, an enclosed patio behind the house, a fire pit area, an attractive gazebo, four separate driveways with one to accommodate RV parking, a two car tandem garage, and natural gas hook-up for the barbecue. A spacious back entrance leads to the principal rooms on the main floor. The kitchen is generously sized and features Mahogany cabinets complemented by a ceramic tile countertop and a bayed window in the eating area. The living room offers a large picture window overlooking the front yard and laminate flooring. The remainder of the main floor comprises a den that would double nicely as a bedroom, while completing the space is an office, and a four-piece bath. The second floor accommodations include a master bedroom, two secondary bedrooms, and a four-piece bath. The laundry area accesses the second level balcony as well as the third floor. The third level presently serves as a self-contained suite. It is presently rented and enjoys a high occupancy rate due to the homes close proximity to the college. The basement development includes a comfortable family room, a bedroom, a four-piece bath, and a large storage room. This unique property would serve well as a bed and breakfast or for a large family with the potential for up to eight bedrooms. Call today..Its a beauty!!
Garage size : detached double tandem garage
Exterior : stucco
Lot size : double lot
Deck : 2 verandahs & patio area
Central Air : yes
Central Vacuum : yes
Basement : Partially Developed
Possession : Negotiable
- 2009 - Water heater
- 2002 - Mid efficient gas furnace
- 2001 - Central air conditioning
- All plumbing, electrical & heating has been upgraded to present code
- There have been some window upgrades to the home
- There is 200 amp underground electrical service with sub panels in the suite and the garage
Main floor :
- The main level boasts a spacious back entrance, a large kitchen, a well dimensioned living room, a den, an office, and a four-piece bath.
Second Floor :
- The second storey accommodates the master bedroom as well as two secondary bedrooms. There is a four-piece bathroom on this level as well as a laundry area with access to the third floor and also out to the balcony.
Third Floor :
- The third storey presently serves as a self-contained rental unit with its own separate entrance.
Basement features :
- Development in the basement includes a comfortable family room, a four-piece bath, a bedroom, and a large storage room.
Exterior features :
- The exterior of the home is finished with stucco and asphalt shingles on the roof.
- The detached double tandem garage has two automatic garage door openers. There are four separate driveways, one long one to accommodate a motor home.
- The two verandahs, a gazebo, and patio area offer tranquil places for relaxation or entertaining.
- There are lots of flowerbeds with abundant perennials in all of them. The hanging plants are all on an automatic timed system for watering. Adding to appeal of the yard is a vegetable garden, hedges, mature trees, and lots of lawn area.
- Fridge with ice & water dispenser
- Stove with dual ovens (convection) & ceran top
- Built-in dishwasher
- Front load washer & dryer
- Light fixtures
- Ceiling fans
- Window coverings
- Two automatic garage door openers
- Central air conditioning
- Central vac
- Water heater owned
- This home is nicely located within close walking distance to the college, schools, churches, and the downtown business sector and shopping.
- Melville's population base is 5000 people and is situated in close proximity to major centers including the city of Yorkton, only a short 25 minute commute. We have wonderful schools, 2 hockey rinks, curling rink, outdoor swimming pool, 18-hole golf course, and beautiful baseball diamonds. We have a wonderful community centre that offers many art forms and group activities. Melville has large grocery stores, lumber yards, good restaurants, hotels, motels, new 30 bed hospital with four doctors, nursing home, fitness center, and shopping.
With very little renovations the property could be converted into a revenue property.